Unintentional greenwashing and how to avoid it
Good intentions and bad mathematics can lead to unintentional greenwashing
Recorded on July 20, 2022
Many businesses feel the urgent need to minimize and report their carbon emissions.
Expanding legislation means that more and more businesses globally have to disclose their emissions to stay compliant. Meanwhile, there’s growing demand from consumers for businesses to take demonstrable climate action.
However, taking climate action is complicated even for businesses with good intentions, and some businesses make mistakes along the way – resulting in unintentional greenwashing, and all its consequences.
In this webinar, Normative’s experts explained:
- What exactly greenwashing is
- The wide-ranging business consequences of uncovered greenwashing attempts
- How to avoid falling into the most common greenwashing traps
- Dr. Alexander Schmidt, Head of Science and Climate Research
- Luzia Buchmann, Climate Strategy Advisor
- Zmicier Vaskovich, Climate Strategy Advisor
Moderated by Maria Rincon
Make your business greenwashing-resistant
Normative’s carbon accounting engine calculates your entire carbon footprint, empowering your business to take impactful and verifiable climate action.